Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Logo/Iteration_Stratton


It was my intention to create a series of logos where the logos directly represent the architectural space or idea of a “linear” gallery. I was inspired by the linear gallery’s form more than function, especially in its perspective views where a series of bays and frames are created. I was also inspired by the text “linear gallery” on the floor at the entrance and the rectangular patterns created by the floor and walls. My process consisted of abstracting the shade and shadow, depth, line as well as frame in the construction of the logos. I came up with three logo types and begin creating multiple iterations of each in ways where I thought the logo could be transferable to different sizes based on its level of detail. Including text in all of the logos was kept simple incorporated the words “linear gallery” in multiple facets to coincide with the image portion of the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment